7.06.2007

Seriously?

Just when I need it, along comes a reminder that I don't live in the "city" anymore.
Last summer it was driving my car through a barbwire fence and getting stuck in the wheat pasture. Anyone remember that?!
Well, yesterday....it was even better!
Hunter and I were getting in the car to take a trip to the post office. Hunter loves riding in the car more than anything. He loves mom being home in the summer because he gets to do this quite a bit.
Anyway, I opened my car door and on the driver's side floorboard are 3 packs of gum. Well, a couple days ago I had bought some gum and it was in a sack in the passenger's seat. (Gum helps heartburn, which happens often)
The gum was now on the floorboard with the middle gnawed out of each pack. I freaked. Holy crap, there's a mouse living in my car!
I call Steven, yelling that he needed to get home ASAP and help me find this mouse! Of course, he found this very humorous.
So he comes home and puts on a big winter glove to begin searching for the mouse. We find little pieces of plastic that have been chewed on, but no mouse. Then it dawns on me...if I was a mouse, where would I like to live?
So I reach over and open the glove compartment, sure enough some little creature has made a cozy, little home. There is a nest made of a blob of cotton and who knows what else, along with mouse poop on everything- GROSS!
We clean it all out and still no mouse. I'm wondering if the little guy is running laps along the air conditioning vents.
Today the trailblazer will be going to the car shop to have all the vents checked!
I have been telling Steven for a while that I want a new car. Maybe this little guy will give me my chance :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhhh I feel for you. A few months ago, I had to pay $500 out of pocket, regardless of any car warranty because a rat had made a nest in my engine and ate through all my electrical wiring. AWESOME! Gosh that's so sick!

Cara Carroll said...

Hilarious! I think this totally justifies getting a new ride. Between the barbed-wire fence and the mouse, you're long overdue!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe it was a mouse!!
I love the new baby bedding..so
much lighter and cherier???can't spell.

I can't see you next week..I love you!!
I just called Grandpa and told him to have the girls get on your BLOG!!!
MOM and Grammy