4.01.2008

Four Months

Weight: 15 pounds 10 ounces- 50% percentile
Length: 25 inches- 30% percentileThis last month has been absolutely amazing! Jack has transformed into his own little person! He is starting to sit up, smile, laugh and talk like crazy! It has been so exciting seeing his little personality start shining through!
He goes from the biggest smiles to the most serious looks.
Jack's biggest accomplishment this month was sleeping in his crib. As most of you know he's been sleeping with Steven and I since he was about a month. I loved cuddling with him every night. This was my favorite time every day...until he started kicking. Let's just say, mom wasn't getting so much sleep. So, my mission over Spring Break was to get the little guy in his crib. It took two LONG nights. Jack was up every hour the first night and 3-4 times the second night, but after that he's slept in his bed for 9-10 hours straight. Hello, why didn't I do this sooner?!
We can tell that he's sleeping better too, because he's in such a good mood in the morning and his naps have completely improved!

I can't tell you how active he is! One of his favorite things is laying in his activity gym grabbing at and talking to his hanging jungle friends. I don't know how he does it but his legs and arms move crazy fast for minutes straight. We think that he's going to be a pro cycler- move over Lance!
Jack's also a lot stronger with his head so we have pulled out the infamous Baby Einstein saucer. He's not really sure what to so with any of the things around him, but he loves being in there!Jack finally met Mr. Hudson Hornberger this month! My good friend from college, Maegen's little one. They were so stinkin cute together!! Hudson is exactly one month older than Jack. I can't wait to watch them start playing together!

Jack celebrated his first Easter this month, which also marked his first trip to church!
He fell asleep at the beginning of the service, and I swear, as soon as the preacher ended with "amen" he let out a blood curdling scream! It was hysterical!

Grammy sent him an Easter basket, which he will wake up to every Easter from now on with lots of goodies in it from Grammy.

Mimi surprised us with some fun Easter presents which included our new favorite thing- a Little Tikes piano! This thing gets laughs like you've never heard before! He definitely got his dad's love for music!One thing about Easter did make me sad. We were playing around and sat Jack in a basket.
Well, I knew he was getting bigger and that he was in need of new clothes, but this picture made it official for me! He looked like a roly poly in his 3-6 mo. gear. I would have never thought that at 3 1/2 months he would be in 6-12 month clothes. Seriously, who sizes this stuff??I can't wait to see all the new changes and experiences he has next month. I knew that I would miss him being tiny, but it keeps getting better and better! Next month should be fun, Grammy and Auntie Sarah are coming to baby sit, I'm sure we'll have some funny stories!Love to everyone!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

AHHHH! He has grown SO MUCH! I am so proud of you for getting the crib sleeping under control. I know that must be much better for everyone! Good Job! I love you all so much. Auntie Sheri

Anonymous said...

Oh My what a big boy we are. Grammy and Grandpamps had the pleasure of babysitting Jack and
what a great time we had. He is so happy and healthy and I know it is because he has such GREAT parents!! I can't wait to see him for a whole week. I am sure we will have great storied to tell!
I love you all,
Grammy

Anonymous said...

I LOVE THE JUNGLE FRIENDS! SO CUTE! And, I know have tears in my eyes bc he is just the most darling baby...ever. I can just picture him "talking" and learning new things. SO HANDSOME ON EASTER, BTW. Love to the VT's...Your Maid of Honor

Anonymous said...

He is getting soooo big. I love the pic of him and Hudson. I need you to get me a copy. I can't wait to watch them grow and play together. Much love, maggot
P.S. Love the Cowboy Jack pic too!!!!

Cara Carroll said...

Ummmm...let's see. True or false...Landon has some SERIOUS competition in the cute department...TRUE. Jack is ridiculously PRECIOUS!! I LOVE these pictures!! He is such a doll baby!!! I can't wait to see him, and you :), again!! Love you guys!