This morning was Jack's first day of school! It was definitely harder on mom than Jack.
We got there with all his gear in tow. As we walked in everyone was like, "Hi Jack!" It made me feel better that everyone was awaiting his arrival! When we walked in the room and said hi to Ms. Brenda, Jack was just wide eyed! His two little friends were already there playing. I put Jack down and the first thing he did was crawl over to a little guy and pull his paci out of his mouth! So I'm guessing our little man has no fear and a high comfort level! 
He crawled around and played like he has been going there every morning! This made mommy feel better.
I was planning on staying a couple of hours...but when I snuck out to do his paper work he didn't even know I was gone! I didn't want to go back in and upset him, so off I went with my eyes full of tears. My little man is growing up so fast!!
These pics are from outside the door so he couldn't see me. I'm wondering if they think I was a little crazy?? The director asked me if I was doing okay! Nice!
Jack with his loving teacher, Ms. Brenda.
I get in the car and think- "okay, what do I do now??"
So here I am at home, posting a new blog, counting the minutes until I can go get him....

He crawled around and played like he has been going there every morning! This made mommy feel better.
I was planning on staying a couple of hours...but when I snuck out to do his paper work he didn't even know I was gone! I didn't want to go back in and upset him, so off I went with my eyes full of tears. My little man is growing up so fast!!
These pics are from outside the door so he couldn't see me. I'm wondering if they think I was a little crazy?? The director asked me if I was doing okay! Nice!
Jack with his loving teacher, Ms. Brenda.
I get in the car and think- "okay, what do I do now??"
So here I am at home, posting a new blog, counting the minutes until I can go get him....
5 comments:
Jack looks like such a big boy at his new school :) I'm thinking about you!! It'll get easier!! Love ya!
I seriously can't even believe he's old enough to be in school and to have friends. He's so sweet! Good job and stay strong, momma!
Hey Mom and Jack,
It's okay to cry mom....I did it lots and look how great you are!!!
Jack I love all of your new toys...
FUN! When you come to see Grammy I
have lots of boy boy toys for you!
Love,kisses and hugs!!!
Grammy
Hello! I was just blog sufing coutesy of Cara's site and I came across your adorable little Jack!! He's so super cute! Then I saw that you have me listed on your blog...I'm touched! So glad you like reading all about my little guy! Looking forward to having a new blog to read :)
Oh, it's been YEARS since my "baby" went to his 1st day of school but I still remember that "Mother's Heart" and how it felt! Jack is a trooper! He will always do well in new situations! (Does't hurt that's he's so darned CUTE either!) You're a brave Mommy, Christy! What memories... and all the pictures to "document" them! Love,
"Aunt" Alice Lee & Darrell
Post a Comment