8.01.2008

Eight is Enough!!


So here we are at eight months! I can hardly believe it! This past month has brought SOOO many milestones it's crazy. I have decided that if I could freeze a period in time it would be this one! I have had enough of this time going by so fast. I wish that Jack could just stay this size for a while. But...he keeps growing faster and faster by the day it seems!
I feel so privileged to sit back and watch Jack as he grows and discovers the world.He is such a joy to us!Jack is a boy on the move. Now that he's got the crawling thing down...he hasn't stopped! He is pulling up on EVERYTHING! We have already had some bumps and bruises and I know there are many more to come!You cannot keep your eyes off this little guy for a second!

He still LOVES to eat. The second you put him in the highchair he is screaming until the spoon is placed in his mouth. He's had so many new foods this month! The funniest was avocados. He HATED them. Sweet boy would not even close his mouth. He just let the green goo ooze out. Of course, I didn't have the camera!
This is hysterical. When he sits and plays he always keeps his legs crossed! Already such a little gentleman!
Jack loves to be outside. But, with this ridiculous heat we haven't enjoyed the outdoors too much. Here's Jack helping dad with yard work. :)
So...Jack was feeling pretty yucky about a week ago. Thought it was teething, but I went ahead and took him to the doctor. Full blown ear infection! Nice! We had a yucky couple of days.
Yesterday I was excited because he was finally feeling better and the runny nose was going away. p.s. i HATE runny noses, gross!
Anyway Jack's Mammy came over and was playing with him. She was like-"You guys I feel a tooth!"
Steven and I- "No way! He will drool forever, we never see any teeth!"
Sure enough. I put my finger in his mouth and Jack munches away- OUCH! There's a little tooth poking up from the bottom! Yay! Jack's first tooth and an ear infection all wrapped into one! So much fun! I tried to get a pic of the pearly white, but Jack hasn't been very cooperative with that one!

This past month has really been a lot of mommy and Jack time. I have loved every moment of it! I feel so blessed that he is this age during the summer so that I can witness all of the milestones he is achieving! In a couple of weeks I go back to school and Jack starts school! I'm not really looking forward to it, but I know that Jack will have so much fun making new little friends!

He's already tuckered out and sleeping so good because of the crawling. I'm sure school will ensure many more sleep filled nights for mom and dad!Sweet Dreams Angel!

4 comments:

Lane said...

OMG! First of all - it is ridiculous how freaking cute that kid is. I can't say it enough!

Secondly, 'Just Jack!' All I can think of is Jack from W&G and those hands - "Just Jack. One night only. Just Jack!" and "Just Jack - 01!"

Cara Carroll said...

Teething and ear infections...SO much fun!! These pics are SO precious...he's looking so much more "boyish" these days!! I am totally with you on wanting to freeze each and every stage. I swear I want to freeze Landon's where he is right now!! Enjoy these last couple of weeks with your sweet Little Man. It'll go by too fast!! Love you!

Anonymous said...

How great to see you ALL and finally meet Jack "in person!" He is every bit as darling as all his pictures! Precious! Love, Aunt Alice Lee

Anonymous said...

so so so cute!

when do I actually get to meet him?