7.31.2009

Back to the OC!!

Last week Jack and I packed our bags and headed to Laguna Beach with Mimi and Aunt Melissa! DSC_0500 We were so excited for a little R&R and also for Jacks 1st trip to the beach!  I was so sure he was going to love it- I mean we know how much this kid loves any kind of water!!

Jack handled the airport and flights like a champ!  Even falling asleep on Aunt Melissa’s lap for a little bit!!  When we finally arrived in sunny California we were lovin’ it!!  The weather was A.MAZING and I even heard Slade Smiley paged at the airport (Real Housewives of OC-heck ya!) I was so sure that I would come home bff’s with LC who was home on summer vaca. HAHA

 

Anyway, we ran all our errands, went to this TO.DIE.FOR frozen yogurt shop (my new pregnancy obsession) and headed to Steven’s grandad’s house.  HE lives right on the beach and I was so excited to fall asleep listening to the waves.

 

Here’s Jack peeking out at the view from the house.

  DSC_0503

I could live here in a heartbeat!!

DSC_0502

After lunch and a much needed nap we headed straight to the beach!! 

DSC_0552

Jack was all lotioned up and we headed down with beach toys in tow.

I was SHOCKED!  He was petrified of the water.  I mean he SCREAMED when he got close.  He even screamed when I got close to the water.

We tried to ease him in, but no such luck…

DSC_0542 DSC_0534

He clung to me for dear life!!  I think it’s because the waves were so loud.

So we headed back to our spot and spent the afternoon, and every afternoon after that, playing in the sand.  He LOVED the sand and especially loved throwing it right at us.  But his sweet little laugh made it bearable.

 

When we weren’t at the beach we were pretty much shopping or eating!

Here’s Jack eating “California style”- no shirt, no problem!!

DSC_0528

Jack went on his first ferry boat ride which was not a hit at first.

 DSC_0508   

Then he couldn’t figure out why the water was underneath us!

DSC_0511

Still looking a little confused!

DSC_0517

 We had such a blast and took a TON of pics!!

Here are some of my favorites!!

DSC_0632

DSC_0603

DSC_0610

DSC_0615

DSC_0624

We can’t wait to go back and hopefully next time Jack will be more interested in the water!!

3 comments:

The Rodriguez Crew said...

precious, precious! how FUNNY that he didn't like the ocean! I'm always floored when J doesn't like something I'm just positive he will love! I'm sure that Jagger would be the exact same. That view is insanely wonderful (I could so live there too), and I loved all of the pics! Love his blonde hair, & those gorgeous blues! And I love the pics of you 2 together. Heavenly trip!!

The Leonard Four said...

WHAT A VIEW!!! wow! all your pics are precious! jack looks so sunkissed with that blonde BLONDE hair! and i think that he's looking more grown up too!

carly was afraid of the ocean last summer because of the waves being so loud. same thing...completely FREAKED out! but this year was MUCH better! she didn't get in much, but she didn't freak out either! jack will come around!

so glad that y'all had fun! looks like it was pure bliss!!

The Johnson Family 5 said...

Aww my old stompin' grounds! Don't know how I missed this post!? What a great vaca! There is nothing better than the California waves! Totally miss it! That view from the house was amazing! Wow! I wouldn't want to leave!