12.07.2009

Big Boy Room

With Miss Finley's arrival sneaking up on us we decided to "big boy up" and get started on Jack's new room!
He was moved next door to a room all things big boy and baseball. Our family is pretty big Cardinals fans, so there are some shout outs to the Cards and then some Mommy touches!
I really loved the way it turned out! After testing about 7 different samples of paint, (I had a picture in my head of this steel gray blue) daddy got to work on the painting and mommy got to work on the shopping! I was shocked that in just a week it really came together!
The Big Boy Bed!!
(with the dreaded "big wall" of the room. We have a few things to put up, but I'm waiting until I have everything to place it just right :) Oh, and the navy roman shade I got isn't up yet!

Jack had his room ready for about a week before we started sleeping in it. Mommy started off by laying down with him- BIG MISTAKE!!
After a few nights, we bit the bullet and did the whole- walk him back to bed every time he gets up-thing.
To our surprise, it only took 2 nights! Now he goes to bed like a champ!!
Now naps are a different story...

Here are a few more pics.
I LOVE the chalk/magnet board.
It is a Daddy Original with a fun frame and corners! I was so excited for Jack to play with all his new magnets! And this thing is a winner- HE LOVES IT!He also loves his little table and chairs- thanks Mimi!
If he gets you to sit down with him- you're not getting up for a while!!
Jack does TONS of artwork at school and I wanted some way to hang it up. I had seen a clothesline kinda like this on a blog , so I attempted one with some baseball touches and it ended up super cute, though it's hard to tell!

All in all the room turned out great! After birthday #2 it is already filled to the brim and I have no idea where we're going to put all the fun stuff he'll get for Christmas!!



1 comment:

The Rodriguez Crew said...

this room is flippin adorable!! I cannot believe he's already in a big boy bed, Jagger would literally be down the street in the middle of the night I think?! You did a GREAT job. that magnetic board?! kid HEAVEN. might be copying that. We need a table and chairs! is yours black?!? do tell!

the bday party celebration{s!!} were so fun to read about too... I still can't believe we have "FOO" year olds. Umm, the cookie story had me crunched over in laughter. OMG. That would SO be me! It's all so easy in my head. And that kind of happened for my Jagger's donut cake, had no idea that cake icing didn't harden. ha! it still throws me for a major loop when I read JAGGER on your blog!

these posts were FUN! oh, and you're going to flip your stuff over your blurb book. don't worry about your font sizes... my font was tiny to start, so a 9 was REALLY teeny.

okkkk, and that's a wrap. longest comment EVER.:)