3.03.2012

Prelude to Two

On this day I knew that my life changed for ever.  Little did I know that the joy I felt as a mommy could expand so much, to where some days I feel as if my heart will burst.
The past two years have gone by in a flash, as everyone says they do.  My sweet bundle of pink who came into this world on her own terms, scaring everyone to death, is now the most amazing and loving little girl.
Finley Jaymes, you love to...
be with your big brother!  Anywhere and everywhere he is, you want to be.  
You come running in the house after school yelling "Yack, Yack!  Where you???"
The two of you play together so well, most of the time!  If mommy or daddy hear crying, it's usually bubba because you've pinned him down somewhere!  You're one tough cookie!
Your favorite place to be is in Jack's bed.  You drag all your baby dolls and lovies in to go night night, and to read books.  If we can't find you, this is usually where you are.
 Speaking of baby dolls, you may have a small obsession.  Our count is way past 10.  You love to lay them all around your room covering each one with their own little lovie.  Then you go around patting all their backs and singing "rock a bye baby".  It has got to be the most precious thing ever and mommy can't believe that I don't have a picture of this!! You are going to make such a good mama one of these days!

You are quite the entertainer which may be surprising to some.  When we are out and about your head is either tucked behind mommy's leg or buried in mommy's hair.  But, at home or once you get warmed up, you are hilarious!  You love to dress up and 90% of the time you have some kind of hat on.  The best is when you just crack yourself up!  This giggle of yours is so sweet that it can bring tears to mommy's eyes!


You talk constantly and demand an audience.  Already one of your favorite lines is "mommy, I talking to you!" (not even joking!)
You know your colors and can count to 10, thanks to daddy.
You love to sing and we have many recordings of you just singing your little heart out.  Your #1 right now is 'Wheels on the Bus'.  You love it when mommy makes up funny verses and remind me to do this every time we sing it.  You even want to sing it as mommy rocks you to sleep at night.
You are still sleeping in your crib and loved being rocked to sleep.  Mommy is hoping that this doesn't change anytime soon!
Your favorite food is lasagna!  You will eat three servings if we let you.  If you get to pick you always want to eat tacos or pizza.
You are so very curious and into everything!
All day we hear, "come wit me mommy and daddy", so you can take us on your next adventure!

You love to read, write and dance.  You will sit in your room forever just looking at book after book after book.  Anytime we ask you what you want to read you always answer "the pink book."
You love sit and "write" or draw.  Your choice is usually markers, but you color your hands and arms 99% of the time.  Your favorite is pencil or pens with a spiral- such a big girl.
I cannot wait to put you in dance class because I know you're going to love it!   Right now you love dancing around the house humming the nutcracker tune.
You are quick to say your sorry if you hurt someone.
You love to use your manners- your favorite is "excuse me" with a nervous little laugh.
You LOVE your daddy, but still remain mommy's little shadow.
I could go on and on and I feel like I'm forgetting a million things.
Finley Jaymes, you are so, so loved and bring out the best in all of us.  As much as I love the little person you are becoming, I long for the days when I would rock you for hours.
Happy Birthday Sissy Loo!!


No comments: